BrainDuck memory is used as a part of BrainDuck computer, which acts as the operating memory, holding both of brainfuck program and data.
BrainDuck CPU reads/writes instructions from/to the memory. Memory updates its cells and notifies debugger in emuStudio about the update.
Memory plugin contains a simple graphical window, a GUI, which provides a set of the following features:
- paginated view of memory cells, arranged into 16x16 table per page.
- cells are displayed in hexadecimal form and can be changed directly by the user.
- there are hard-coded 256 pages, so the memory size is 256 * (16x16) = 64 kB
In the following screenshot, it is possible to see GUI of
- A: Shows currently displayed page. Can be edited manually by entering a number and pressing the ENTER key
- B: By double-clicking on a memory cell, the cell editor is enabled and the user can overwrite the content of the cell. Supported number formats are decimal or hexadecimal. The hexadecimal number must begin with
- C: By clicking on button
Clearthe whole memory is cleared. By clicking on
Page down, the page number is increased; button
Page updecreases the page number.